Baratza Sette 270 & 270Wi Coffee Grinder
The innovation from Baratza: The Sette 270 is the most modern espresso grinder for home use
- The Sette 270 is especially suitable for espresso, but can also be used for all finer filter grindings up to Chemex
- Precise coffee grinder for home baristas with 270 grinding degrees
- The latest grinding technology enables incredibly fast and precise grinding
Frequently bought together...
Baratza Sette 270 has revolutionised the technique of grinders
We tested the Baratza Sette 270: Watch our coffee grinder test video here
The latest grinder from Baratza represents a real innovation in the coffee grinder sector, for which it has already been awarded „Best New Product“ by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America). The Baratza Sette is the only grinder with a conical grinding mechanism, where the outer part of the grinder rotates and the inner part is fixed. This innovative grinding technology enables the Sette to achieve an incredible grinding speed of up to 5.5 g/s.
The Sette is also immediately recognizable in terms of its design, as the Italian name refers to the construction of the grinder: it is shaped like a 7 and not without reason. This allows the motor to be placed behind the grinder instead of under it, as in almost every other grinder, so that the ground coffee falls directly from the grinder and less coffee residue remains in the grinder.
The result: the Sette is the first grinder in which the coffee falls directly from the grinder. Coffee residues in the machine (also known as dead space) are virtually non-existent.
Another user-friendly innovation is the holder system. It can be changed over from grinding material container to screen holder with a single movement. In addition, all preparers, such as the Hario V60, can be mounted in the holder system and the coffee can be ground directly in the preparer. The grinder can also be removed completely and cleaned very easily.
The model 270Wi of the grinder
…makes it possible to be the first to grind an actively weighed quantity of coffee into the sieve carrier or preparer. This innovation was realized in close collaboration with Acaia, who designed a special load cell for the holder system.
The latest version
With the latest version 270Wi Baratza has made some improvements over the 270W:
- Grinds even quieter
- Pulse function – for manual regrinding
- Adaptive – automatically detects & corrects inaccuracies in the regrind quantity
Problems or error messages?
During a bean change, results may fluctuate by +/- 1 g for a short time. The Baratza Sette 270Wi is capable of learning and automatically corrects the differences so that after a few grinding units no – or only minimal – deviations should occur.
In case of long-term deviations greater than +/- 1 g or fluctuating results, a defect is to be assumed. If the weighing unit or control board is defective, the display will show error message E02. It is particularly important that this grinder is placed on a stable and level surface – similar to a personal scale. For deviations below + -1g the result can be optimized by programming. See the step-by-step instructions!
- Suitable for espresso : yes
- Suitable for filter coffee : yes
- Grinding mechanism : Conical grinding mechanism
- Grinding mechanism Material : hardened stainless steel from Etzinger
- Grinding mechanism Ø : 40 mm
- grinding capacity : 3,5 – 5,5 g/sek
- Number of grinding degree steps : infinitely variable
Functions and features
- Display : yes
- Grind on Time : yes
- Grind on Demand : no
- Innovative screen holder
- Size of the bean container : 300 – 400 g
- Housing material : plastic
- Motor power : 280 W
- Weight : 3.200 g
- Dimensions ( W | H | D ): 13 | 38 | 24 cm
- Power supply : 230 V
- Warranty : 24 months
- Manufacturer name : Baratza Sette 270
- EAN : 0838823009869